Quantum Turmeric is imported from Ayurvedic botanical growers in India. After it arrives at the Quantum facility, they fresh-grind it and then encapsulate immediately to retain its unparalleled, active volatile essential oils (open a capsule to smell its rich, full-bodied aroma). This product supports rejuvenation and optimal liver health.
Turmeric powder has long been used for medicinal purposes in Asia to treat gastrointestinal upsets, arthritis pain, and "low energy." In traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric has been used as a tonic for the digestive system and the liver; to dispel worms, strengthen the body, and dissolve gallstones; and for menstrual irregularity and arthritis. In old Hindu texts it is described as an aromatic, stimulant, and carminative (an agent that helps expel gas from the intestines and treats colic).
· A superb grade 10 quality herb from India that is ideal for DNA repair, is a liver cleanser and is a superior antioxidant.
· Known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It has proven to be beneficial in the treatment of many health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer's disease, and is also a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
· Natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent, useful for disinfecting cuts and burns. Has been shown to speed up wound healing and assist in remodeling of damaged skin.
· A potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs, but without side-effects.
· Natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
· Can aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
· Long used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
· May help with psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.
By Dr Cousens.