Extended Side Angle Pose
- Stand in Tadasana. On an exhalation, open widely your feet.
- Raise your arms parallel to the floor out to the sides, shoulder blades wide, palms down.
- Turn your left foot in slightly to the right and your right foot out to the right 90 degrees.
- Align the right heel with the left heel. Firm your thighs and position the right knee over the right ankle.
- Turn the left hip slightly forward.
- If possible, bring the right thigh parallel to the floor.
- Extend your left arm straight up toward the ceiling, then with an inhalation stretch your arm over your head, palm facing the floor.
- Stretch from your left heel through your left fingertips, lengthening the entire left side of your body.
- Turn your head to look at the left arm. Release your right shoulder away from the ear.
Strengthens and stretches the legs, knees, and ankles
Stretches the groins, spine, waist, chest and lungs, and shoulders
Stimulates abdominal organs