Big Toe Pose
- Stand upright with your inner feet parallel and your thigh muscles contracted.
- Keep your legs completely straight, exhale and bend forward from your hip joints keeping your upper body straight.
- With an inhalation, lengthen your front torso, and on the next exhale, lift your sitting bones. Release your hamstrings and allow your lower belly to stay in touch with your thighs.
- Finally exhale, bend your elbows out to the sides, pull up on your toes, or keep your hands on your knees. Lengthen the front and sides of your torso, and gently lower into the forward bend.
- If your hamstrings are short, bend your legs and focus on keeping the front torso long.
Helps relieve stress, anxiety
Stretches the hamstrings and calves
Strengthens the thighs